Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Kale




Yesterday, I experimented in the kitchen with Kale. I was super skeptical of it actually tasting as good as people claim but I was very pleasantly surprised after making my very own #KaleChips !

What I learned by way of videos, research and friends on Facebook....

Pull the Kale off the " rib" of each stem by dragging your fingers pinched from the bottom to the top. The leaf parts should come off very easily, leaving you with a stem("rib").

Rinse.
Then pat dry with a clean cloth or paper towel
Tear into small chip size pieces..
Lay on a cookie sheet or my favorite, pizza stone.

Drizzle (evoo) olive oil across the pieces.
Massage olive oil into pieces to distribute evenly,
 or can toss the kale and olive oil in a bag first and shake- whatever your preference.

Then bake for 30 minutes at 250Degrees.

Once ready, should look greenish brown..

Add salt ( sea salt)

Enjoy! Crisp! Crunch. Yum!

Lemon juice is another ingredient you could add.
Also minced garlic.
I tried rice vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic, &salt for my first batch. Good too!


What ways do you enjoy eating Kale?

Check this link out below.. good info!

Top 10 Healthiest Veggies

- Heather Sapp
www.heathersapp.arbonne.com

2 comments:

  1. I love baked kale. I actually will buy the bag of chopped kale to save a lot of time!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Food Lion yesterday, I was looking for the bunch and discovered the container was their organic option, and it was on sale so not bad! I made a few batches and liked your way too, if not better!:) thanks for all the tips and feedback. Love being friends!

      Delete